Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Monster!

Brand new year, brand new monster!

Mr. Turvildog has retired with the year. We have a new banner mascot! Say hello to the Blue-feathered Star-face!


I had a great break over the holidays. I'm looking forward to getting back into my blogging groove. This is my favorite time of year, the January to April corridor, no holidays, no school breaks, no nonsense, just a clean, unbroken set of weeks--it's beautiful!

What do we have lined up in the coming months...let's see...we have the Picture Book Marathon next month. That usually comes with a journey to the Land of Doom. I've got another Rick Walton spoof waiting in the wings (remember when we did Frankenstein?) I've got a big LEGO project on the horizon. And, of course, we have the exciting conclusion to the Taco Bell story--that will most likely start later this week.

I'm going to push my books more this year. 2011 saw zero books released from me, but 2012 will be a record year--THREE books will be coming out this summer/fall. You'll be hearing a lot about those.

So, off we go!

5 comments:

Chris said...

Excited for lots of these, but Land of Doom may be the top pic. Maybe. Hard to choose between so many good things!
If your graphic novel deadlines are over, how do you feel about TWO blog posts a day? Just to feel extra productive?
No, I'm not greedy at all. Why do you ask?

Abigail said...

You're back! Yay! I like the new banner mascot, it seems very Seussian to me, reminds me of his star-bellied sneeches. And you must be the only person I've ever heard of who enjoys the awful no-holiday stretch of this time of year.

Ron McCutchan said...

This looks like something Wayne Barlowe would come up with--but it definitely should have a story (or at least a backstory).

Anonymous said...

What inspired the stories and the characters of the books that are coming out this summer?
And one of the books is your favorite and why?

Anonymous said...

What inspired the stories and the characters of the books that are coming out this summer?
And one of the books is your favorite and why?
From Dennis Ohiku